Friday, October 15, 2010

Bill Clinton Says Project Managers Help Tackle Global Challenges

Unfortunately I couldn't attend the PMI Global Congress 2010 North America but I like this article so much it is written By Cyndee Miller, senior editor, PM Network on October 11, 2010

Former U.S. president Bill Clinton sent out a powerful message: Project managers will play a significant role in taking on the toughest global challenges.

"If you're a project manager and you're a professional, there's always going to be something you can do for the next 50 years in the 21st century," Mr. Clinton told the audience Sunday night at PMI Global Congress 2010 -- North America.

Saying he was "fascinated" by project management, Mr. Clinton saw how the profession played a role in his own career.

"The more I thought about coming here, the more I thought about how much my life [in politics] and my work now revolves around good, or not-so-good, project management -- how to allocate money, time and people in a way that achieves the desired objective," he said.

Read more :http://blogs.pmi.org/blog/voices_on_project_management/2010/10/bill-clinton-says-project-mana.html